CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

vacation continued

Still on vacation, hooray! I go back to working society on Thursday... dun dun dun (themed music).
I love my job, but who doesn't like getting time off? Certainly me, my home calls me. I feel like being domestic is somehow genetically imbedded inside me. Like somehow all of my maternal women have combined genetically to call me to my home. When I'm away from it too long (such as at work or out of town) it calls me back- you belong here. Then I say to it "I'm a working woman in a different world! I have to work, I can't stay at home". But, it doesn't listen, it still wants me there. It has several devious ways of trying to get me to stay- nagging (you need to clean, reogranize, decorate), begging (please stay here with me today), attacking (sending a cocaroach into my downstairs bathroom), luring (but I'm comfortable and colder than a hot car), flaunting (like when vivian peeks into my bedroom while I'm sleeping and says Auntie Juli come play with me!),

This week I (finally) got the guest bedroom/Vivian's room/office in order to the point its decent. Shelve's hung (thanks to Jason- though i did get the tools and shelves), beds made and in the correct spot, desk (with internet so you can hear from me more!) in the right spot and organized. Thanks to Megan and Rueben for lending me their extra bookcase, I have a bookcase in the loft to put Nicole, Vivian and my own enormous amount of books. (let me tell you, arranging for a truck, trailer and 2 men to move things has proven quite a challenge lately). Plus a place for her to play in the place where all the books were. (hooray!) Plus I have arranged my pantry (also known as the harry potter closet-watch out vivian if your bad!) so that it is more organized and functional. All and all productive, of course there is always so much more on the list for me to do!

Also, my brother and neices are in town this week. Its been like half a family reunion, but lots of fun times with my sister, brother and then the neices altogether. Adorable- a 5,3 and 1 year old and each one of them a knock-out. Oldest is Loren's oldest Lola (5) is the light brown haired, dark almond shaped eyes and tan skin- smart as a whip and very dramatic. Then Nicole's girl Vivian (3)- the dark brown haired, blue eyed fair skinned girl who is so cheerful and friendly. Then the baby of all the Ethington clan is Loren's baby Miasha (1)- who is the light blonde, curly haired, fair skinned, blue eyed all american happy baby girl. (where the heck did miasha come from?) They really are too cute... I'm already scared for when they are older! Pictures to come when I get them back.

6 comments:

jon♥kara

Hey Jewels! It's been way to long since I've seen you. Looks like things are going well for you. I'm glad things are going good with Jason he seemed like a really great guy. Next time he's in town we should double if you have time, I know it must be hard to share him when he comes down since you don't get to see him everyday. Call me when your off work I'm going to be working mostly days now.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen

what up skank! thanks for the comment. you sound busy busy busy. but seriously good for you for standing on your own two feet and also buying a house...NICE! hope youre doing good...sounds like it :-)
talk to you laterz~

megan

ooh your blogging so much now I love it. It sounds like you are a domestic diva.I totally understand your house calling you back home after you have been away. I love coming home after a trip

JONESIES

you'll have to try and remember who you were talking to. It's fun making a connection. Your picture on your blog is cute. You need more pictures!!!!

megan

OK new blog post! I miss you

Katy

Hey lady I do believe you need to update your blog!!! :)