So Yesterday we went to The Getty Museum. It was beautiful (understatement) and the art was really neat. I wish there was more impressionism and a bigger room because people kept getting really close to the impressionist pieces (weird right?). But I saw my first Van Gogh, Manet, Pisarro, and more Monet. What is odd to me is that Van Gogh can make Iris flowers look absolutley crazy in nature. I have to say those and the photographs were the abosulute favorites of mine, though we didn't explore all of it. I wish Katie had been there to explain some of the importance, because after a while all of the renaissance pieces look the same.
We left before dinner (too pricey!) and went to a California home grown seafood restaurant. And I have officially discovered I do not like shellfish, except for clams, oysters and shrimp. The lobster itself was great- but having it boiled alive and then having to see and eat all of its body (including digestive tract!) is just gross to me. Jason proceded to tease me to no end for eating a lobster by using a squealing lobster voice "Juli, why did you kill me"? Thanks Jase.
PRIDE:
This is meant with no offense. I have always thought it was odd that bloggers called their blog "Jane & John's" blog. Why? Does John (more like the husband) EVER blog? NO. So, I felt I cut to the chase and just put my name on the blog. Jason didn't even know that I blogged until last month. Now that I have shown him a few comments on blogs- he thought his name should be on it too. I asked if he wanted to blog which was a defniate no. So my question is why the charade? Why not just really admit we are women, blogging about our lives which includes our husbands, children, and pets? Post your ideas please :)
June's End - FSY + CA trip
4 years ago
4 comments:
That is a little odd to look at the impressionist paintings close up? Were people expecting to see more than just blurs? It sounds like fun to go to the art museum though. I haven't been in a long time, about 3 years.
You are funny with food. I don't ever think about what I am eating. I mean what parts of the animal I am eating. Lobster is yummy. You don't like crab? maybe you said you did and I just don't remember
It is the boiling alive that I don't like. Plus, it is a ton of work to get the crab out.
I don't eat seafood. Not even tuna fish. The thought is making my stomach turn.
Anyway, we do "timandjennifer" because a) it was an option that was available when we signed up and b) because Tim gives the address to people that I don't know. It's much easier for them to remember it with Tim's name in it since some of them I have never met. Make sense?
Ok that does make sense.
Post a Comment