After catching up on other blogs, I realize how incredibly much I miss old friends. Sometimes I find myself 'blog stalking' (Janalee if you read this then the cat is out of the bag) other people just to catch up or look for more friends with blogs. Creepy? I hope not.
I think part of this is due to my two oldest, and best friends being out of state, Katie to Oregon and Megan to Arizona. I suppose I am the one out of state since I am the one who moved! Katie just came and visited for a week, making me sincerely miss having a super fun girlfriend handy. Megan just had her second baby- whom I didn't even see pregnant. I miss being able to drop by and just hang out with Megan, sometimes (most times with Megan) with a 5 minute warning, and still be at home.
Then there are the girlfriends- all moving on in their different directions in life- career, spouses, family. I am so happy for them, but there is nothing like face to face. For me, making friends is really hard. I even have asked for phone numbers, which by the way feels like asking someone on a date- awkward. Its just sad when you are the new one, and you are the one with little friends. So mainly, I try to make friends with Jason's friends, especially if they have spouses. Thank goodness for Jen, Amber and Angie.
Question: How would you take this?
An old friend of mine, now more apart, was listed on my blogspot, and I would follow, comment and we would discuss their blog. When going to check it, I find that it is now a private blog, and I have not been invited.
What?? Did I offend them or am I just not a friend enough to read the blog. Was it (hopefully) an oversight? But then again they never added me on their own list of people blogs.
Ideas?
June's End - FSY + CA trip
4 years ago
6 comments:
Hey you! I'm coming to Vegas this weekend! We should meet up!
I miss you too! When are you guys coming down to Arizona next? I'm glad you had such a good time with Katie! I was sad that I couldn't be there too. That same blog going private thing has happened to me before too. I wouldn't take it too personal.
Megan - thanks. We have no current plans on going to Arizona. :( The holidays are going to be a nightmare with work schedule, so I am not sure if I will be able to go down for holidays (I will be working all except Thanksgiving). Plus, I work every Saturday.
Melissa-
PERFECT! I have Friday and Sunday off, but work saturday. Give me a call (702) 426-8246
Don't take it personally. Sounds like no big deal to me. I would just email them directly and asked to be added to the blog!
Congrats on passing the bar!
hey - I am reading!
Awww, I miss all three of us living in the same state too.
Post a Comment