CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

You've got mail

I opened up the mail today. Along all the offers, I was excited to get my offers which I sign up fore (beauty magazines, etc).

What happened to mail? General mail was replaced by email. But now, even a personalized email is not common. (or very common). Now its facebook messaging or IM. But for some people, its the general posts as a blanket statments. Sometimes, its still nice to get a something in the mail. I, for one, am terrible at mail. I have owned the same box of stamps for well over a year (and thank goodness its first class or they would be useless like the box before). Katie for one, is great at mail. She is the one I can generally be unexpected by a personal card. And every now and again a personal invitation to an event in a friend's life. But, even those are going online.

On tv is You've got mail, a guilty pleasure movie of mine. ( I can hear my sisters cringing while reading this). Luckily, Jason also told me he enjoys it (a rarety for a roco and him). I think the charm of it is how Tom Hanks so sarcastically doesn't seem like he is in the romantic comedy. A great soundtrack, too, chalked full of Harry Nilsson songs.

5 comments:

megan

I love getting things in the mail. Katie is really great at sending fun things. I always write out cards or whatnot and then never send them. Lame. I love getting magazines though too! I know I will get to just waste time reading those while my boys sleep

KrisBo

Lately, since I am home all the time, I have signed up for some samples of things. Its awesome to get a small paackage here, or get a few packages the next week. At least its morethan bills and junk!

Alisha

Check your mail for something new from me... check it every month in fact.

iknowjewels

ooh I am excited Alisha. But I do believe I am getting the Martha Mag from you monthly already.

Megan, I am the same way! I will have cards (even gifts) for months before sending. Its really terrible! I was hoping being out of state I would be better with mail for my friends and family, but my reality is far off.

I am making it a goal!

KatieLve

Real mail is awesome! Thanks Jewels and Megs for the mail appreciation! I love getting things from you guys as well, even if it takes months to get them sometimes. haha